Monday, June 11, 2012


Confessions of an Emotional shopper



Some people turn to chocolate or ice cream or candy. I do enjoy these things (I'm especially partial to salty things like Lays Original), but something about shopping when I'm feeling down makes me feel better. At least until I look in my wallet the next day and think, where did my cash go? It was here just yesterday...

So when I am nostalgic, homesick, or just down, I gravitate towards the few stores we have here. Usually Walmart. I wasn't planning on buying a lot this week...I really did need a few things.

My pantry went from full to stuffed.



I justify my shopping by convincing myself that we need certain things. Ciabatta loaves? They're made in the bakery, they're fresh so we don't have to eat processed junk.

I didn't think I would ever see fresh apricots here! I am definitely getting those, and look at these bananas; yes, I do have some but I'm planning on eating them this week in my breakfast smoothies, and to go with them I might as well get some strawberries too. I think we're about out of lettuce so I'll just grab another bunch, and to go with salad I need cucumbers, and since the zucchini is right here I'll get some so I don't have to come back next week.

That was just the grocery section. And I hate grocery shopping.



I felt better, but now we have a rotating carousel for our k-cup coffee maker, 3 boxes of different flavors of coffee for our k-cup coffee maker, Bavarian pretzel sticks I'm not sure what to do with, stir fry oil that's Asian flavored, flavored oil for dipping bread, and regular olive oil for cooking.

We also have cheese stuffed green olives (what? I didn't even know those existed).



I only went into the store for cream cheese, toothpicks, and olives.


No comments: