In the states I, like everyone else (don´t deny it!) was addicted to my cell phone. If I forgot it one day I would drive all the way home and get it. If I couldn´t go home and get it I would miss it, and worry about it all day. Then I would get home and realize that I didn´t even have any missed calls and wonder why I even had a cell phone...anyway, I thought that I would miss it.
Not at all.
Time passes differently here. It slows down, but at the same time, there is always something happening. We are so busy.
I feel like I have only been here for a week, and at the same time, I feel like I have lived here for months, and that this is it...I will live here for years... Was there a time that I drove? I had a job? A hot shower? What´s that? Did I dream that I actually owned a car?
Life here is simple.
There are meetings, and preaching, we eat, we take our nap...There are the brothers, our friends, who have taken us in and treat us as though we really have been here for a year or more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes you do have a car and I drove it for the first time in a month yesterday, I paid $4.30 for Diesel Fuel to fill it up!!!! and $5 to wash all the dirt off it. Love Dad
sooooo sweeet. Thats the spirit and right attitude! dicen los que saben que ese es el espiritu de misionero;-)
mucho Cariño
Sarita, I think this is a time to appreciate your time alone,... and not having to remember the days of driving out of the school parking lot in you van or in the little green bogger! Simplicity is a joy!!
Post a Comment