We had barely had time to recover from our last little adventure when we again ventured out...to a town about an hour away where there is no congregation, but with a lot of interest. Our goal was to pass out as many invitations to the memorial as possible.
We left at 8 and got on a bus...the buses are not fun, they are cramped, hot, and this road was terrible, pot holes all over, and half of it wasn´t paved...and then we got a flat tire half way there and had to get out and wait for them to get it fixed....we got there eventually though!
I don´t think I´ve ever done that much walking in a day...we covered almost the entire town, and just kept going until we ran out of invitations. It´s hard to determine how many people are actually interested, since they all listen and assure us that they will go. It was a long, hard day, but I am looking forward to the memorial to see how many go, and we will be able to see the fruits of our efforts.
At midday we hiked up a little hill where we sat under the trees and ate, talked, and rested. We also read a chapter of our weekly bible reading together (there was a group of about 30 of us)...and that in itself was a beautiful experience. After the bus ride, and the heat, and the walking...I was drained. But good food, and encouraging talk, good company, and the cool shade made an amazing difference! We continued until 5, and then made our way home. Exhausted, but happy!
We left at 8 and got on a bus...the buses are not fun, they are cramped, hot, and this road was terrible, pot holes all over, and half of it wasn´t paved...and then we got a flat tire half way there and had to get out and wait for them to get it fixed....we got there eventually though!
I don´t think I´ve ever done that much walking in a day...we covered almost the entire town, and just kept going until we ran out of invitations. It´s hard to determine how many people are actually interested, since they all listen and assure us that they will go. It was a long, hard day, but I am looking forward to the memorial to see how many go, and we will be able to see the fruits of our efforts.
At midday we hiked up a little hill where we sat under the trees and ate, talked, and rested. We also read a chapter of our weekly bible reading together (there was a group of about 30 of us)...and that in itself was a beautiful experience. After the bus ride, and the heat, and the walking...I was drained. But good food, and encouraging talk, good company, and the cool shade made an amazing difference! We continued until 5, and then made our way home. Exhausted, but happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment