Every week we make a trip to the market. Imagine a giant swapmeet that sells everything from papayas and carrots to underwear and shampoo...you can by anything...need 1 shoelace? Or a button? Anything they think they can sell you will find in the market. It´s hot, dirty, and dusty, and full of interesting smells. We usually by our rice, beans, eggs, and any vegetables we will need for the week. If we go early in the morning it isn´t as hot, but sometimes you don´t find as much fruit, for example. If we go too late, all the good vegetables are gone.
The vegetables and fruit are so good, they are fresh, and huge.
Yesterday when Aubrey cut open a green bell pepper a little green worm jumped out at her, angry that his little nest had been disturbed.
Like I said, fresh...all natural!
We are getting good at making juices and smoothies...I made fresh pineapple juice the other day...which was very refreshing, and tasty.
I´m still waiting for the mangoes to ripen.
When we were in service last week we saw a field with about 6 huge mango trees, and I wanted to go over and pick a couple, even though they were still green, so we hitched up our skirts and hiked over, until we got yelled at by the landlord´s neighbor, so I pulled out my camera and said I was an American and just wanted some pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a save!! Just call yourself American and it fixes everything; next time, say your from La Verkin and that your getting a Mango for your "babe"!!
Post a Comment