For those of you who know me at all are probably worried about how I am going to find my way around the town...since my sense of direction is terrible...and it hasn´t improved any. On our way to the service group we got lost. Surprise! Fortunatly we happened to run into a brother who is in another congregation but took us to the house we were supposed to be at. Then later the same night we ventured out again to explore our surroundings a little bit and what do you know, we got lost again on our way back. We weren´t too far off though, and found our way home just fine. We are getting better.
There is a sign language group here! The brother who is currently taking the lead asked if I could interpret at the meeting last night, and of course I said yes....
This was interesting for 3 reasons
1 Its been 3 years since I´ve signed
2 Translating from spanish to American sign language is weird
3 Translating at all is weird because Dominican spanish is a language in its own....!!!
I was told the other day that I have a Mexican accent. WooHoo!!! My Mexican roots prevail yet again!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment